Getting Started w Google Classroom
Google Classroom Overview
Google Classroom: A collaborative course space with a simplistic approach.
Google Classroom is available through the Google Apps for Education suite of tools (Mack Apps). With the Classroom app you are able to run a paperless classroom, post assignments and announcements, communicate quickly and easily with students, hold basic discussions, and because the tool is so easy to use, you can focus on what is most important…student learning.
Accessing Google Classroom:
- Log into your Mack Apps with your MyMack username and password
- Open Google Classroom.
You can access Google classroom through your Mack Apps “waffle”.
Watch the short clip on how to access google classroom through Mack Apps https://youtu.be/Xf48G9bqzck
Or simply open a new tab in your browser and go directly to http://classroom.google.com.
If you haven’t logged into Mack Apps, you will be prompted to enter your Merrimack email and password.
3. Create your first class
Watch the short clip below to create your first class. https://youtu.be/0ifnZ6b1cN4
- Add students to your Google classroom
- Click on the “Students” tab within Google Classroom
- You can invite students to your classroom by entering their Merrimack email address, or, you can give students your unique classroom code and have them join directly.
- We recommend giving students your unique classroom code
What can you do with Google Classroom?
Google Classroom 101 will give you a big picture look at some of the basic things you can do with Google Classroom, including creating your first assignment.
Take a look at this presentation by Alice Keeler for some great ideas for using Google Classroom in a higher ed environment
Need additional help? Contact either of the specialists below for support.