At the discretion of the physician or nurse practitioner, certain medications can be prescribed or refilled for students seen at the Health Center. In most cases, however, we do not prescribe or refill controlled or psychotropic medications. Please make arrangements with your prescriber to have such medications filled or ask your prescriber for a referral to a local provider.
- Hamel Health does not store nor directly manage medications for students. Students are allowed to keep all medications in their rooms.
- Students are cautioned to keep medications in a safe place and not share medications with others.
- Students may wish to transfer ongoing prescriptions to a local pharmacy before arriving on campus.
- There are three local pharmacies within walking distance of Merrimack College:
CVS Pharmacy, 110 Turnpike Street, No. Andover, MA
Rite Aid Pharmacy, 525 Turnpike Street, No. Andover, MA
Walgreens Pharmacy, 800 Waverly Road, No. Andover, MA
- CVS Pharmacy, 110 Turnpike Street, No. Andover, MA