Academic Technology Specialist
Position Overview: The Academic Technology Services at Merrimack College seeks an experienced individual to fill its position of Instructional Technology Specialist. This is a full-time position reporting to the Director of Academic Technology Services. This individual is responsible for researching, implementing, and supporting technology in the academic setting including assisting faculty with the use of technology in the classroom, administration of course management software and maintenance, and the support and use of mobile devices and mobile technology in the classroom.
- Administer and provide support for the current Learning Management Systems, Blackboard Learn, Google Classroom and iTunes U, and participate in the research of other emerging Learning Management Systems.
- Provide management, configuration and support for the mobile device management system.
- Work with CETL instructional designer and faculty by providing support and training for educational technologies and integration.
- Collaborate with CETL to develop and manage strategies for successful implementation of new mobile devices and technologies.
- Assist and support the CETL with faculty integration of mobile devices and other technology for teaching and learning in the classroom.
- Develop training materials including videos, workflows, and other resources for educational technologies, for staff, faculty and student use.
- Assist in the development and maintenance of the ITS department’s web presence.
- Build and deploy mobile device configuration profiles for faculty iPads and Apple TV’s using JAMF tools.
- Assist and support the CETL to design and facilitate professional development programs and orientations designed for faculty.
- Collaborate internally with IT partners to design and facilitate professional development programs for staff on technology related areas as well as specialized topics in response to specific requests.
- Research and evaluate emerging instructional technologies and methods.
- Support the development of the Merrimack mobile application “Go Merrimack”.
- Provide training and support for the campus digital display initiative.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Instructional Technology or related field.
- 3 -5 Years Experience in Related Field
- Experience supporting/managing iPads in an educational setting is essential.
- Experience with Blackboard Learn a plus.
- Experience with Google Suite a plus.
- Experience with Rise Vision digital display management or similar technologies a plus.
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
- Ability to convey technical information to technical and non-technical users.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships; Ability to work collaboratively as well as independently.
- Ability to evaluate the effectiveness of programs and make recommendations for improvements.
- Considerable knowledge of the current literature, trends and developments in the field of instructional technology.
To Apply: Please apply online with cover letter and resume. All applications must be submitted using Microsoft Internet Explorer 11 or Firefox 52 and higher. Merrimack College is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Merrimack College is an Equal Opportunity Employer.