Administrative Assistant, Tutoring & Math Center
Position Overview: Reporting to the Assistant Dean of Student Success: Director of the Tutoring & Math Center and working in close cooperation with other personnel in the Academic Success Center, the Administrative Assistant is primarily responsible for facilitating the efficient operation of the Tutoring & Math Center, a drop-in Center for all students enrolled at the College. The position is a twelve-month position for twenty hours per week; schedule is negotiable.
- Coordinate the accurate and timely completion of routine administrative department tasks and processes
- Prepare materials for and facilitate planning of training, workshops, and meetings
- Prepare employee time sheets for payroll
- Facilitate communication between the Director and staff, as well as with others on campus
- Design and/or order printed and other materials and supplies
- Update web pages and maintain regular social media posts
- Assist in the recording, collection, management, and analysis of data
- Access information from the College’s data management systems
- Provide a welcoming presence for all visitors and employees
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- A minimum of three years of experience providing administrative assistance, preferably in a higher education setting
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to coordinate multiple projects and tasks simultaneously
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Experience with MS Office (Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Publisher), Google Suite (Docs, Sheets, Forms, and Calendars), database management, iPad apps (Explain Everything, Notability, etc.), and other technology- and/or web-based tools
- Ability to carry out responsibilities with minimal supervision
- Work effectively both independently and collaboratively with all members of the staff and other employees of the College
- Maintain confidentiality of sensitive information
To Apply: Please apply online with cover letter and resume. All applications must be submitted using Microsoft Internet Explorer 11 or Firefox 52 and higher.
Merrimack College is an Equal Opportunity Employer.