Assistant Director of HR/HRIS & Compensation
Position Overview: Under the direction of the Director of Human Resources, the Assistant/Associate Director of Human Resources will provide leadership to the college on all human resource matters. The Assistant/Associate Director will have primary responsibility to assist with implementation of all Human Resources programs. In addition, the Assistant/Associate Director will have primary responsibility for the development and implementation of Compensation/Total Rewards and HRIS initiatives. He/She is responsible for researching, developing, implementing and evaluating compensation programs, policies and procedures that contribute to the college’s ability to attract, retain and engage employees as part of our overall business strategy. This role will utilize both internal and external data to evaluate existing compensation systems and programs to remain legally compliant, competitive and meet the ever changing market dynamics of higher education. He/she is responsible for System-wide classification policies, procedures and determinations to ensure equity and salary survey review and completion.
- Serve as the primary resource to information technology services and human resources to advise on the development of HR databases and information needs, such as developing information and systems for HR functions. Assist in the development and analysis of other specialized HRIS reports for benefits and compensation or other college stakeholders.
- Support the Director and the Office of Human Resources on college wide efforts such as strategic planning, development of goals and objectives, program assessments, etc.
- Responsible for the design, development, implementation, management, and maintenance of the compensation/Total Rewards/classification strategies, policies and programs and plans to attract, motivate and retain top talent in support of the overall business strategies, missions and goals.
- Responsible for development and implementation of performance management and pay practices for all staff. Work with senior leadership to develop a pay for performance strategy. Manage the SLT Performance and Compensation process.
- Direct completion of annual salary surveys such as CUPA and AAUP. Respond to requests for market data. Develop compensation philosophy on as needed basis to identify and address inequities that prevent ability to attract and retain top talent. Work with Institutional Reserach on IPEDS and direct HR staff in completion of related initiatives.
- Provide guidance on all matters related to the FLSA such as exempt vs. nonexempt status.
- Provide advice/guidance to all levels of the College community on employee matters in consultation with the Director.
- Research, survey, and investigate data sources to verify that College initiatives or projected activities are in keeping with federal and state requirements. Serve as the Department Head in the absence of the Director.
- Oversee all HRIS operations with ADP for regular maintenance, auditing, upgrading, data entry, and report writing. Manage the assessment and implementation of a position control system for the college in conjunction with Fiscal Affairs and ITS. Sit on college wide committees and coordinate with ITS on any HRIS related projects.
- Assess and recommend new tools and best practices for compensation/benefits and HRIS needs.
- Develop and coordinate necessary training on all HR technology and compensation topics.
- Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in the field of HR, Finance, Accounting or Business.
- SHRM-SP or SPHR or CCP preferred.
- Highly skilled in Microsoft Office Excel.
- Demonstrates a solid grasp of knowledge and principles for various HR processes, specifically in the areas of compensation, benefits, data integrity, reporting, time & labor and payroll.
- Excellent analytic and problem solving abilities are required.
- 7-10 years compensation administration experience required.
- 1-2 years’ experience working with ADP preferred.
- Higher education experience preferred.
To Apply: Please apply online with cover letter and resume.
Merrimack College is an Equal Opportunity Employer.