Associate/Full Professor and Department Chair, Accounting and Finance
Position Overview: In support of undergraduate and graduate enrollment growth, the Girard School of Business at Merrimack College invites nominations and applications for a Department Chair for the Department of Accounting and Finance. The candidate must be eligible to be a tenured professor at the rank of Associate or Full Professor.
The successful candidate shows evidence of teaching excellence at undergraduate and graduate levels, strong leadership and mentoring abilities along with ongoing research and scholarly activities. The Chair is expected to provide mentorship to junior faculty, recruit and retain talented faculty, and be actively involved in the growth of the department. The Chair offers a reduced teaching load, competitive salary and benefits and summer stipend.
- Mentor and support junior faculty in the research and publication of their work in quality journals and outlets
- Lead efforts to build the department including future hiring in accounting and finance, continuous curriculum improvement, mentoring junior faculty for tenure success, assistance and input on implementation of masters of science in finance
- Contribute to the research and teaching agenda of the department and school
- Collaborate with educational, professional and alumni colleagues in the finance or accounting field
- Ph.D. in Finance or Accounting from an AACSB-accredited university
- Currently an active, tenured faculty member with a distinguished record of achievements
- Ongoing record of scholarly publications
- Evidence of active participation in academic community
- Record of teaching excellence
- Prior professional experience preferred
All applications should include:
- Letter stating motivation and interest in the position, citing experience relevant to the qualifications
- Current and complete CV including details on teaching, research, and service
- Other materials (e.g., teaching evaluations, copies of research papers, references, etc.) will be requested of finalists at a later stage
Please apply online at Academic Jobs Online.
Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
About Merrimack College: Merrimack College is a selective, independent, co-educational institution with more than 3200 full-time undergraduates and over 600 graduate students from 22 states and 17 countries. Merrimack’s beautiful suburban campus is situated 25 minutes north of Boston in North Andover, Massachusetts.
Both Merrimack College and the Girard School of Business are experiencing growing undergraduate and graduate enrollments. The Girard School of Business created a new model of graduate education – offering one year specialized master degrees in management and accounting, with plans to add more programs to the portfolio, including an M.S in Finance. The school emphasizes experiential learning and gives all business majors working knowledge of and hands-on experience using Bloomberg terminals, at the Mucci Capital Markets Lab. In addition, the school is developing and launching innovative programs, such as the Financial Capability Center.
Merrimack College has a strong and growing regional and national reputation. After placing 9th for four consecutive years in U.S. News & World Report’s Best Regional Colleges (North), Merrimack moved into the Best Regional University (North) category, debuting tied at 57 out of 187 institutions. In a separate Best Value ranking among the same group, Merrimack was named number 40.
Andover/North Andover, located in Essex County, are small towns located just 23 miles outside of Boston. Low crime rate, low unemployment, and high quality school systems contribute to their appeal on best places to live. Combining the best of both worlds, the area offers vibrant downtowns with shops, coffee houses, restaurants, art museums, galleries along with farms, rivers, reservoirs, and numerous parks.
Merrimack College is an Equal Opportunity Employer.