Career Development Associate
Position Overview: The Career Development Associate will assist with the implementation and management of the corporate partnership activity overseen by the AVP/Executive Director and Vice President including – the 4 stages of the corporate relationship (identification, cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship). The Career Development Associate will assist with the creation of a suite of both on- and off-campus opportunities for employer/student interactions, leadership development for corporate partners and the feedback loop for employers to inform Merrimack team of industry trends and skills necessary for students to succeed, and philanthropy and sponsorship opportunities.
- Provide administrative and strategic support to the AVP/Executive Director of the O’Brien Center for Career Development and Vice President for Corporate Engagement related to a wide variety of career development initiatives across the College.
- Create and manage a strategy for execution of signature career development events and programming including marketing, event planning, and on-site management. Serve as the on-site liaison and ensure execution of events and event strategy.
- Manage logistics for growing paid internship program that is funded by external partners. Act as the main point of initial contact for employers regarding the internship program and continued follow up to include maintaining relationships, working with career advisors on student interactions, program awareness and professional integrity workshops.
- Manage the creation and content of corporate proposals to include collaboration with faculty and staff across campus. Responsible for preparing final presentation materials.
- Develop, track and anticipate employer partner needs to maintain relationships.
- Assist with communication of the College Leadership Council including agenda management, note taking, logistics for meetings, materials, and on-boarding process of new CLC members.
- Represent AVP/Executive Director and Vice President at campus events and meetings and to corporate partners. Provide back up for the AVP/Executive Director and act as a representative for the O’Brien Center with corporate partners when appropriate.
- Bachelor’s degree is required
- 5+ years of experience in business development, recruiting, corporate relations, employer relations, college relations or other related fields
- Ability to handle highly confidential information with appropriate discretion
- A deep appreciation for and an ability to successfully articulate the mission and aspirations of Merrimack College
- Proficient in Microsoft office including PowerPoint
- Ability to act independently by taking initiative and demonstrating proactive approach in order to manage critical components to employer relations program success
- Strong interpersonal skills and experience in working with academic and corporate partners
- Sensitivity to long-term relationship building and stewardship
To Apply: Please apply online with cover letter and resume.
Merrimack College is an Equal Opportunity Employer.