Coordinator of Student Engagement & Affinity Groups
Position Description: Reporting to the Director of Student Involvement, Merrimack College seeks a Coordinator of Student Engagement and Affinity Groups. This position will be an integral part of the Student Involvement team with responsibilities including supporting and serving the commuter, transfer, veteran and graduate student populations. This position requires a person who will be able to create strong interpersonal relationships with both students and staff. We are looking for an individual who will bring creative ideas to supplement late night and weekend programming.
- Provide support and service to commuter students, transfer students and veteran students. This includes overseeing Merrimack’s Commuter Student Association and the Commuter Assistant Program. Develop new strategic plans, initiatives, and programming for these groups.
- Create and maintain campus wide newsletters, website updates and design as well as any digital design and marketing projects.
- Maintain and update the Rise Vision programming on the Campus Center TV as well as creating innovative ways to utilize the system.
- Oversee the production of the Merrimack Yearbook alongside a student staff that this position would supervise.
- Advise Graduate Student Senate and assist Director in Graduate Student Support Services.
- Coordinate student organization and advisor trainings and advise them through the Event Registration Process with support of Graduate Fellows and Student Interns.
- Create and implement campus wide evening and weekend programming for students that meet the needs and interests of a diverse student population.
- With the support from the Student Involvement team, coordinate major campus programs including (but not limited to) Orientation, Homecoming/Family Weekend, Spring Weekends, Senior Send Off, and the Involvement Fair.
- Support our 50+ student organizations in their programming, retention, recruitment and leadership efforts as needed. Provide onsite management and support for assigned evening and weekend events. Execute contracts and required paperwork for events involving outside vendors.
- Supervise a graduate fellow from the Merrimack Master’s in Higher Education Graduate Program.
- Master’s degree required in Higher Education or related field.
- 1-3 years experience with student activities, may coincide with graduate work.
- Experience with Adobe, web and digital design, and Rise Vision.
- Demonstrated excellent written and verbal communication skills and ability to develop interpersonal relationships with students and staff.
- Demonstrated strong multi-tasking, time management and organizational skills.
- Demonstrated ability to thrive in a fast pace environment with exceptional customer service skills.
- Ability to work nights and weekend is required.
To Apply: Please apply online with cover letter and resume.
Merrimack College is an Equal Opportunity Employer.