Coordinator of Programming and Student Affinity Groups
Position Overview: Reporting to the Director of Student Involvement, Merrimack College seeks a Coordinator of Programming and Student Affinity Groups. This position will be an integral part of the Student Involvement team with responsibilities including supporting and serving the commuter, transfer, veteran and graduate student population. This position requires a person who will be able to create strong interpersonal relationships with both students and staff. We are looking for an individual who will bring creative ideas to supplement late night and weekend programming.
- Create and implement campus wide evening and weekend programming for students that meet the needs and interests of a diverse student population.
- Provide support and service to commuter students, transfer students, veteran students, and graduate students. This includes overseeing Merrimack’s Commuter Student Association, the Commuter Assistant Program, and Graduate Student Senate. Develop new strategic plans, initiatives, and programming for these groups.
- Advise the Class of 2018 Council and support programming associated with each Class.
- Coordinate student organization and advisor trainings and advise them through the Event Registration Process with support of Graduate Fellows and Student Interns.
- Supervise the student 47 Assistants in space and event management of the 47 Lounge.
- Serve as the advisor to the student organization Live 2 Give. Develop and execute Relay for Life.
- With the support from the Student Involvement team, coordinate major campus programs including (but not limited to) Orientation, Homecoming/Family Weekend, Spring Weekends, Senior Send Off, and the Involvement Fair.
- Support our 50+ student organizations in their programming, retention, recruitment and leadership efforts as needed. Provide onsite management and support for assigned evening and weekend events. Execute contracts and required paperwork for events involving outside vendors.
- Supervise a graduate fellow from the Merrimack Master’s in Higher Education Graduate Program.
- Master’s degree required in Higher Education or related field.
- 1-3 years experience with student activities, may coincide with graduate work.
- Demonstrated excellent written and verbal communication skills and ability to develop interpersonal relationships with students and staff.
- Demonstrated strong multi-tasking, time management and organizational skills.
- Demonstrated ability to thrive in a fast pace environment with exceptional customer service skills.
- Ability to work nights and weekend is required.
To Apply: Please apply online with cover letter and resume.