Custodian (Night Shift)
Position Overview: Under the supervision by the Foreman and Supervisors, the Custodian will be responsible for the housekeeping operations and will perform duties in accordance with established standards and instructions.
- Sweep, mop and scrub floors, stairs (inside and outside buildings) and other surfaces.
- Use light and heavy (industrial type) floor machines and attachments.
- Scrub, strip, wax and polish floors using heavy (industial type) powered scrubbers and buffers.
- Vacuum rugs in offices and public areas. Shampoo rugs periodically using heavy vacuum cleaner and rug shampooing machine.
- Clean and dust furniture, items, and pictures, door trim, chalk and white boards.
- Wash window sills, glass in corridor doors, and all glass surfaces. Wash glass and trim in entrance doors.
- Wash and/or clean interior wall spaces by hand or powered wall washing machine, working on ladders and scaffolding, as required.
- Clean and service lavatories, toilet rooms and rest rooms.
- Clean and service cigarette urns (outside buildings).
- Collect and place in containers or plastic bags trash and debris, place trash in collection area for removal by sanitation trucks.
- Replace liners in wastebaskets and trash containers.
- Move heavy furniture, supplies and miscellaneous equipment, as directed.
- Adjust, clean and oil cleaners and scrubbers and change brushes, pads, rollers, buffers and other attachments.
- Remove, wash and replace venetian blinds and wash ceiling fixtures using ladders and scaffolding.
- Report items that need repair (doors, door checks, furniture, lights, faucets, etc).
- Sweep or shovel snow from steps and walks at building entrances and connecting walks.
- Will be required to properly and safely use cleaning chemicals per manufacturer, and Merrimack College standards.
- Replenishes supplies.
- May drive a golf cart or other vehicles
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- High School graduate or equivalent
- Must be able to speak English; Bilingual preferred
- Ability to read, write and follow oral and written instructions in English.
- Will be required to pass a fitness-for-duty-exam
- Experience with custodial work.
- Experience working on ladders and scaffolding.
- Experience with scrubbers, buffers, and other custodial equipment.
- Must have valid drivers license
To Apply: Please apply online with cover letter and resume.
Contact Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Merrimack College is an Equal Opportunity Employer.