Position Overview: The Data Analyst/Programmer is an entry-level position that plays a key role in the development, installation, operation, maintenance and support of the College’s administrative computing services and supporting applications. The Data Analyst / Programmer participates on the Information Technology Enterprise Applications team, which is charged with guiding the administrative community to use applications creatively, effectively and efficiently that will contribute to the College’s success in achieving its mission.
- Resolve enterprise support issues and requests from administrative system users utilizing various modes of communication such as in person, remote, verbal and email.
- Install and configure software on end user computers as required.
- Assist with implementing and supporting secure, reliable and innovative technological solutions to support institutional enterprise systems, ensuring high levels of system availability, usability, and data integrity.
- Assist with the planning, coordination, implementation and evaluation of workshops and training sessions for all College constituencies for enterprise applications as appropriate.
- Assist with creation, modification and training to support the reporting needs and data integrity goals of the College.
- Provide documentation on system usage, configurations, operating procedures, and service records.
- Assist with testing of new releases and functionality of enterprise applications.
- Support enterprise systems permissions management, including creation and termination of accounts.
- Work collaboratively with IT network, web services and technical support personnel.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent field or equivalent work experience required.
- Motivated, self-starter, ability to work well and learn new skills in a rapidly changing technical environment.
- Excellent customer service, organizational, and communications skills.
- Working familiarity with business process analysis techniques.
- Knowledge of programming and database design.
- Collaborative skills with IT staff, customers and business partners towards a common goal(s).
To Apply: Please apply online with cover letter and resume. All applications must be submitted using Microsoft Internet Explorer 11 or Firefox 52 and higher. Merrimack College is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Merrimack College is an Equal Opportunity Employer.