Director of Visitor Services
Position Overview: The Office of Admission serves as the College’s front door to prospective students, their families, and others who actively participate in the college search process. Many individuals receive their first (and, often, lasting) impression of Merrimack College through their interaction with the admission staff.
Under the leadership of the Associate Vice President for Admission, The Director for Visitor Services is responsible for developing and implementing a comprehensive array of high quality and innovative on-campus recruitment and yield event programming that will help attract and enroll students who meet the institutional goals of Merrimack College. The Director will ensure that the prospective students, families, counselors and other guests receive exemplary service during all aspects of the campus visit experience. This includes thoroughly planned, executed and effective recruitment visit programming; effective program registration, assessment and reporting processes; a warm and engaging arrival experience; a highly trained and robust Student Ambassador program, and informed faculty and staff engagement in campus visit programming.
The Director for Visitor Services is also responsible for overseeing and managing all aspects of the Admission Welcome Center including supervising all staff and student ambassadors. The Director will ensure that staff and student Ambassadors are effectively hired, on-boarded, prepared and trained for all aspects of the recruitment, admission and enrollment cycle, and will support them in their development at admission professionals.
The Director of Visitor Services is a member of the Undergraduate Admission Leadership team.
- Bachelor’s degree required, Master’s degree preferred
- 5-7 years of customer service management experience, preferably in the field of Enrollment Management
- Experience in development and implementation of staff training and development programs
- Ability to oversee the development, implementation and assessment of effective visit programming and services.
- Ability to develop and implement effective staff hiring, onboarding, training and development programs.
- Understands technology and is capable of developing and implementing a state-of-the-art visit registration, program assessment and reporting process.
- Commitment to providing exceptional customer service to internal and external customers.
- Organized and detail oriented with the ability to prioritize and manage multiple responsibilities at all times.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to effectively document policies and procedures.
- Flexibility and willingness to work outside of normal business hours and extended days with the ability to juggle competing priorities effectively.
To Apply: Please apply online with cover letter, resume, and references. This is a full time, fiscal year position.
Merrimack College is an Equal Opportunity Employer.