Director, Office of the SVP for Finance and Administration
Position Overview: Under minimal supervision, the Director supports the CFO/SVP, Senior Vice President for Finance & Administration (SVP) in managing the flow of work through the division by performing complex and diverse duties. The Director must also demonstrate advanced administrative support and coordination for multiple programs and projects. The Director will interpret and resolve highly varied situations and problems while exercising discretion and independent judgment. This person will be a trusted advisor to counsel, and will anticipate and initiate actions relating to division operations which require an in-depth knowledge.
- Acts as a trusted advisor to the CFO/SVP and designee in the absence of the CFO, Senior VP of Finance & Administration. Represent the views of the division while serving as liaison to CFO/SVP’s direct reports, Merrimack College’s other divisions, academic leadership, colleagues, and the President’s office and to the Board of Trustees. Interacts with diplomacy and discretion while exercising confidentiality as needed.
- Manages CFO/SVP calendar, scheduling, travel, and complex itinerary preparation. Reviews calendar on a daily basis with CFO/SVP to ensure proper meeting preparation and schedule flow. Tracks and manages the CFO/SVP’s daily to-do list, ensures preparedness for meetings and time-sensitive tasks are completed, and reviews pending documents with the CFO/SVP.
- Manage and monitor the Finance & Administration divisional budget. Prepares expense and other budget reports as needed.
- Using multimedia resources, coordinates meetings, led by the CFO/SVP and prepares agendas, presentations, and meeting materials.
- Assists with CFO/SVP’s needs related to preparation for Board of Trustee meetings including agenda, presentations and outreach to committee members.
- Responds to inquiries requiring an in-depth understanding of the mission of Finance & Administration, operations, and business-related protocol. Uses information from multiple sources to effectively resolve issues.
- Identifies methods and projects to improve division operations. Develops and implements action plans to address complex problems.
- Drafts customized and personal correspondence for CFO/SVP and as needed, on behalf of the Merrimack College President. Efficiently manages the logistics of the division and the flow of incoming and outgoing information, including complex written communications.
- Composes drafts, edits, and proofreads memoranda, correspondence, and reports from rough draft. Makes editorial changes in materials, including Merrimack College rewriting and independent checking for accuracy of content by referencing a variety of sources. Initiates or composes correspondence for CFO/SVP or own signature.
- Contributes to the overall success of the Office of Finance & Administration by performing all other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelors in a related field
- 5 – 8 years of related experience
- Proficient in use of MS Office products
- Excellent written and oral communication skills and command of English, spelling, punctuation, and grammar. Ability to multi-task, prioritize assignments, and meet deadlines, without compromising quality, in a demanding, high-volume work environment.
- Previous project management experience preferred
- Demonstrated competencies in discretion, judgment, and professionalism.