Position Overview: The Editor, Publications is a senior-level writer, editor and project manager who is responsible for managing the staff, finances and operations of the Office of Publications within the Office of Communications. The Editor, Publications also serves as the chief editorial ambassador for the college, advising campus clients on best editorial practices.
- Manage the staff, finances and operations of the Office of Publications and serve on the Office of Communications’ senior leadership team.
- Serve as editor of the Merrimack magazine, the college’s quarterly alumni publication, with all editorial and production responsibilities.
- Serve as editor of the Merrimack College Record, the college’s biweekly employee newsletter, with all the editorial and production responsibilities.
- Work with campus clients to produce high-quality print collateral that advances the college’s branding and messaging goals.
- Work with other marketing/communications units across campus to ensure unity of message and shared best practices.
- Serve as a key member on the college’s emergency preparedness and crisis communications committee.
- Bachelor’s degree in English, communications, public relations, journalism or a similar field.
- Formal training in desktop-publishing software (InDesign) and content management systems.
- Seven to 10 years as editor of a newspaper or magazine, preferably in higher education.
- Three to five years of increasingly responsible management experience.
- Experience working with and for executive- and senior-level management.
- Ability to juggle multiple long-term and short-term projects while working against deadlines.
- Mastery of AP and/or Chicago style.
To Apply: Please apply online with resume and cover letter.
Merrimack College is an Equal Opportunity Employer.