Employer Relations Specialist
Position Overview: The Employer Relations Specialist will partner with the O’Brien Center leadership to design, implement, and manage a comprehensive employer relationship strategy including — the 4 stages of the employer relationship (identification, cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship); The Employer Relations Specialist will partner with leadership on the creation of a suite of both on- and off-campus opportunities for employer/student interactions and create feedback loop for employers to inform the Merrimack team of industry trends and skills necessary for students to succeed.
- Build relationships with key stakeholders on campus who will inform the O’Brien Center on current and future students’ needs for career development; collaborate with internal academic partners for specific student career development projects and opportunities; understand student pipeline to predict student needs.
- Create, develop and communicate with all stakeholders both internally and externally on career development projects and opportunities.
- Business development and account management of a 75+ employer relationship portfolio; conduct 12+ monthly employer meetings in person and by phone to build portfolio and maintain current relationships.
- Regularly expand the employer target list based on industry trends and student interests.
- Effective and frequent communication with appropriate colleagues on each employer relationship, including the career advising team, major gifts team, other O’Brien Center staff, academic partners, and VP for Corporate Engagement.
- Bachelor’s degree is required
- 5+ years of experience in business development, recruiting, corporate relations, employer relations, college relations or other related fields
- Experience, knowledge, and record of success in executing a corporate/organizational partnering strategy to achieve goals of the institution
- Experience with college recruiting, from a higher education or a business perspective
- Ability to travel extensively both locally and within the northeast corridor
- A deep appreciation for and an ability to successfully articulate the mission and aspirations of Merrimack College; Exceptional communication skills
- Proficiency in MS Office
- Ability to act independently by taking initiative and demonstrating proactive approach in order to manage critical components to employer relations program success
To Apply: Please apply online with cover letter and resume.
Merrimack College is an Equal Opportunity Employer.