Assistant Director of Residence Life
Position Overview: A department within the Division of Mission & Student Affairs, the Office of Residence Life is comprised of 11 professional staff, 61 resident advisors, and 2 graduate fellows. Merrimack College houses 2110 students on campus and in rental property leased by the College; anticipated new residence halls to open in the next two years. Major areas of focus for the Department of Residence Life: supporting the mission of the College, advancing the College’s Strategic Plan (Agenda for Distinction), and creating a student centered residential campus.
The Assistant Director is responsible for the coordination of all operational functions of the Residence Life program at Merrimack College. This is a live-on position.
- Supervise and evaluate 1-2 Area Coordinator(s)/Resident Director(s) and 1 Graduate Fellow
- Facilitate the opening and closing of supervised residential area(s)
- Direct Coordinator(s)/Resident Director(s) in the development of programs and traditions in the supervised area(s)
- Work collaboratively with Facilities, Information Technology Services, the Merrimack College Police Department, etc. to provide a high-quality living environment
- Manage roommate conflicts that ascend beyond the Coordinator/Resident Director level, and facilitate a resolution to the conflict
- Process all room changes affecting supervised residential area(s)
- Serve as member of emergency response team coordinating professional and paraprofessional staff response in emergency or crisis situations
- Serve as student conduct hearing officer, update database and information associated with each case
- Assist with central office tasks such as room selection, openings, closings, RA selection and training; attend weekly staff meetings and participate in divisional committees
- Participate in on call duty rotation
- Manage break housing system of supervised areas
- Administer and oversee the housing selection process
- Coordinate first year housing assignments
- Maintain records and data related to occupancy, available spaces, furniture inventory, etc.
- Oversee the damage billing process
- Coordinate and facilitate furniture installation
- Required Master’s degree in Student Personnel, Higher Education Administration, or a related field;
- 4-6 years of administrative experience in a college or university Housing and Residence Life environment, including student programming, student leadership training, and student conduct responsibilities;
- Excellent interpersonal and writing skills;
- Ability to work effectively with students from a broad range of backgrounds and life experiences;
- Strong organizational skills;
- Understanding of student development theory; a commitment to diversity, inclusive education, professional development, and team building;
- Preferred experience managing housing databases and working knowledge of Residence by Symplicity.
To Apply: Please apply online with cover letter and resume.
Contact Email Address: email@example.com