Executive Assistant, Development and Alumni Relations
Position Overview: Under minimal supervision, the Executive Assistant directly supports the Senior Vice President for Development and Alumni Relations (SVP) in managing the flow of work through the office by performing complex and diverse duties. The Executive Assistant will provide advanced administrative support and coordination for multiple programs and projects. The Executive Assistant will anticipate and initiate actions relating to office operations which require an in-depth knowledge of the office. He/She will interpret and resolve highly varied situations and problems while exercising discretion and independent judgment and will serve as an ambassador for Development and Alumni Relations to Merrimack College senior officers, academic leadership, colleagues, the President’s office and to the members of the Board of Trustees.
- Anticipates the needs of the SVP while multi-tasking in a fast-paced environment. Prioritizes matters that require the SVP’s attention and assists with developing and executing implementation plans. Acts as a liaison between leadership of the College and the Senior Vice President with diplomacy and discretion while exercising confidentiality as needed.
- Responds to inquiries requiring an in-depth understanding of the mission of Development and Alumni Relations, fundraising operations, and business-related protocol. Uses information from multiple sources to effectively resolve issues.
- Manages SVP’s calendar, scheduling, travel, and complex itinerary preparation. Reviews calendar on a daily basis with SVP to ensure proper meeting preparation and schedule flow for executive, donor, and prospect meetings. Tracks and manages the SVP’s daily to-do list, ensures preparedness for meetings and that time-sensitive tasks are completed, and reviews pending documents with the SVP.
- Using multimedia resources, coordinates meetings, led by the SVP and prepares agendas, presentations, and meeting materials.
- Assists with SVP’s needs related to preparation for Board of Trustee meetings including agenda, presentations and outreach to committee members.
- Answers telephone and screens calls, providing information to callers. Telephone contact may be complicated, requiring setting priorities and effectively determining needs of major donors, alumni, senior level management, and high-level internal and external constituents.
- As they relate to the SVP, prepares expense-related forms, such as requisitions, vouchers, and requests for payment. Also prepares expense reimbursements for Merrimack College procurement card purchases according to College time frames and guidelines. Keeps records of budgetary and purchasing transactions.
- Identifies methods and projects to improve department operations and develops and implements action plans to address complex problems.
- Represents the Senior Vice President in communication with Development and Alumni Relations senior staff and other staff throughout the College. Drafts customized and personal correspondence for SVP and as needed, on behalf of the Merrimack College President. Efficiently manages the logistics of the office of the VP and the flow of incoming and outgoing information, including complex written reports and donor correspondence.
- Routinely interacts with top donors, volunteers, alumni, and faculty. Coordinates donor and prospect logistics and donor/prospect meeting plans. Uses discretion and good judgment in all communications, both written and oral.
- Participates in planning logistics for campus visits and events, and either independently or as part of a team, staffs events that potentially involve high-level Merrimack College leadership and donors.
- Maintains a priority database for the SVP of the highest level of donors/prospects for her cultivation and solicitation. Maintains updated record of activities in the general donor database. Extracts information from donor database, analyzes data, and presents information in the form of detailed and confidential reports, both customized and standard, on behalf of the SVP.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- 5+ years’ related experience, preferably in higher education or non-profit environment, expected.
- Previous project coordination experience strongly desired. Excellent written and oral communication skills and an impeccable command of English, spelling, punctuation, and grammar. Ability to multi-task, prioritize assignments, and meet deadlines, without compromising quality, in a demanding, high-volume work environment.
- Adept with technology, especially those used for communication and project management. Demonstrated experience using Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) required. Experience with Adobe Creative Suite in a professional setting, as well as a familiarity with Millennium preferred.
To Apply: Please apply online with cover letter and resume.
Contact Email Address: email@example.com
Merrimack College is an Equal Opportunity Employer.