Position Overview: Working with academic and administrative units across campus, the graphic designer creates and prepares visually engaging and contemporary designs for a wide range of print collateral that enhances and complements key Merrimack marketing pieces to diverse audiences. In addition, the graphic designer serves as designer for The Merrimack College Record and creates eye-catching e-communications for campus audiences. The designer also manages and enforces the college’s visual identity throughout campus and creates info-graphics for print, web and e-communications.
- Create and prepare engaging, contemporary and visually appealing designs for print collateral, including brochures, flyers, posters, banners, signage, advertisements and newsletters, in accordance with Merrimack’s visual identity standards.
- Serve as designer of The Merrimack College Record, the college’s biweekly employee newsletter.
- Create visually appealing e-communications with an eye toward increasing the open rate of campus emails.
- Create, enforce and serve as the primary campus resource for Merrimack’s visual identity standards.
- Design engaging and informative graphics for use in print, on web and in social media.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- One to three years of full-time or equivalent professional graphic design experience.
- Past experience working in high education.
- Mastery of Adobe CS software suite: Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop, Acrobat.
- Strong knowledge of offset printing processes, techniques and terminology.
- Familiarity working in content management systems and e-communications software.
- High level of organization, accuracy and attention to detail.
- Ability to prioritize and work independently under tight, and often changing, deadlines.
- Strong customer service skills.
To Apply: Please apply online with cover letter and resume. All applications must be submitted using Microsoft Internet Explorer 11 or Firefox 52 and higher.
Merrimack College is an Equal Opportunity Employer.