Position Overview: The HVAC Specialist will perform repairs, adjustments and installations of heating, air conditioning, refrigeration and ventilation equipment to assure safe reliable system operations.
- Implement and administer a comprehensive preventative maintenance program that will keep the college HVAC/R equipment in top working condition at all times.
- Maintain accurate and up to date logbook of all the college’s refrigerants as far as distribution, reclaiming, recycling and disposal of said refrigerants are concerned in accordance with all federal, state and local codes involving hazardous wastes are concerned.
- Calculate, when necessary, all heat loss and or load requirements for the installation of new or retrofit equipment.
- Repair heating plant equipment such as pumps, compressors, turbines, reducing stations and heat exchangers.
- Perform preventative maintenance on mechanical equipment (electrical, plumbing and HVAC systems) such as repacking and reseating valves, repacking pump seals, and greasing machinery, changing filters.
- Perform annual maintenance overhauls on boilers, including entering boiler firebox water drum, breeching and flue to clean off soot and deposits.
- Perform repairs to boilers and low pressure steam piping and fittings using hand tools.
- Work with all trade departments as well as other physical plant departments that need assistance.
- Compile and complete inventory of all materials and maintain a well-stocked supply of parts to keep equipment running with a minimum amount of down time.
- Provide recommendations to supervisor for procedures to improve and/or replace existing systems.
- Follow applicable departmental safety policies
- Record and report time, materials, faults, and deficiencies.
- High School Diploma
- Trade or Vocational School Certificate in HVAC
- Valid Refridgeration Technicians License in MA
- Valid driver’s license
- Valid Refrigeration Reclaimer Certificate
Contact Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Merrimack College is an Equal Opportunity Employer.