Paralegal/Assistant to the General Counsel
Position Overview: The Merrimack College Office of the General Counsel is seeking a paralegal to assist the office with its coordination of external counsel, litigation management and general office management.
The individual will assist in a variety of litigation and transactional subjects, including:
- implementation of litigation and document management systems,
- litigation holds,
- preparation for workers’ compensation, unemployment hearings,
- review and responses to MCAD and EEOC complaints,
- responses to legal demands,
- responses to subpoenas and court orders,
- review of discovery information,
- assistance in internal investigations,
- production of documents, and,
- management of operations of the General Counsel office.
The Paralegal/Assistant to the General Counsel will work with various parties and constituencies across the campus to prioritize General Counsel review and assistance, as well as identify areas of risk.
Qualifications: Candidates should have experience in a law firm, specifically in large-scale litigation, have experience with complex legal matters, and an ability to organize and manage multiple projects across many different areas of law. Experience with e-discovery strongly preferred. Individual should have attention to detail, organization, and strong computer skills, demonstrated ability to implement technology to increase efficiency, as well as an energy and ability to work with many different personality types and levels of authority. Bachelor’s degree is strongly preferred, paralegal certificate is a plus.
To Apply: Please apply online with cover letter and resume.
Merrimack College is an Equal Opportunity Employer.