Position Overview: Merrimack College invites applications for the position of Senior Administrator in the Office of the Dean of Liberal Arts.
The Senior Administrator for the Dean of Liberal Arts provides support to the Dean, Associate Dean, and faculty in the School of Liberal Arts. This position performs a wide variety of support services, all of which contribute to the efficient and professional operation of the School of Liberal Arts. The position requires complex office management functions and high level administrative support for the Dean. This work involves effective communication and interaction with the Offices of the President and Provost, L.A. departments, Fiscal Affairs, Registrar, H.R. and other departments throughout Merrimack College. The Senior Administrator must have a strong professional demeanor, and be reliable and trustworthy, especially when managing confidential and time-sensitive materials.
The ideal candidate is professional, well organized and possesses excellent time management skills. The individual should demonstrate a strong attention to detail, contribute to the smooth functioning of the office, and bring innovative approaches to processes and procedures.
- Oversee fiscal and budgetary operations of the School of Liberal Arts and perform periodic budget analyses and data reports to support the Dean.
- Provide complex and time critical office management functions, including use of Excel workbooks for budgets and faculty resource data collection. Proof-read and edit, when necessary, drafts from the Dean before distribution. Track and protect confidential and sensitive information and use discretion when disseminating information.
- Oversee master schedule and adjunct support. Create, maintain and update spreadsheets, tables and other documents.
- Process and oversee all of the Liberal Arts faculty pre-authorization and expense reports for travel. Oversee and monitor the School of Liberal Arts budget including the processing of invoices, purchase orders, expense reports and check request.
- Assist the Dean with faculty searches, new faculty hires, appointments, sabbaticals, retirements, tenure and promotion cases and faculty evaluations.
- Serve as the liasion for the Dean between other academic offices on campus. Initiate communication for the Dean with other departments. Prioritize the scheduled events and follow up to ensure deadlines are met.
- Field numerous calls on policies and procedures from the administrative assistants and faculty of Liberal Arts.
- Provide direction to the Liberal Arts Chairs on Dean’s initiatives.
- Delegate clerical task to student workers and other administrative assistants as needed.
- Other responsibilities as assigned by the Dean
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration with a concentration in Accounting and 10 years of administrative experience or comparable work experience
- Proven experience in monitoring budgets and budget analysis. Advanced skills in Excel and Microsoft office as well as academic software programs
- Experience in creating budget reports
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to interact and work effectively with administrators, faculty, and students
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to handle multiple tasks
- Strong attention to detail
- An ability to work independently
- Someone who can work well under pressure
- Familiarity with using social media platforms would be a plus
Merrimack College is a selective four-year Catholic college in the Augustinian tradition, offering programs in the liberal arts, business, the sciences, and engineering for its students. The college is located in the Merrimack Valley approximately 25 miles north of Boston.
To Apply: Interested applicants should submit the following: 1) a cover letter; 2) a resume with contact information for references. Applications will be reviewed beginning on August 16, 2017.
Merrimack College is an Equal Opportunity Employer.