Senior Counselor/Assistant Director of Admission
Position Overview: The Senior Admission Counselor/Assistant Director of Admission will be an integral part of the team responsible for recruiting and enrolling new undergraduate students. Serving as an advisor to prospective students, their families, secondary school counselors and others, the Senior Admission Counselor/Assistant Director will effectively communicate the Merrimack value proposition. Under the leadership of the Associate Director of Admission, the Senior Admission Counselor/Assistant Director will be responsible for developing and implementing a recruitment plan for Connecticut and other territories as assigned. As a member of the admission team, the Senior Admission Counselor/Assistant Director is expected to actively participate in the myriad on and off-campus activities designed to recruit, admit, and enroll an entering class that meets institutional goals.
- Develop and implement a recruitment, admission and enrollment plan for Connecticut and other assigned territories.
- Represent Merrimack College to prospective students and their families by attending college fairs/nights and individual visits to high schools, in addition to conducting on-campus group information sessions for students, parents and school counselors.
- Establish channels of communication with prospective students to introduce them to and inform them of Merrimack College; facilitate their relationship with the institution throughout the admissions process – inquiry through enrolled student.
- Assist students in the application process through encouragement, answering questions, and providing other advice.
- Read and evaluate applications for admission and participate in the admission committee that makes admission decisions.
- Develop and maintain a network of school and education counselor contacts. Continue to maintain relationships throughout the year; keeping these contacts apprised of current news about the Merrimack community.
- Serve as an athletic liaison for specific teams as assigned.
- Share responsibility for meeting institutional enrollment goals.
- Bachelor’s degree required, Master’s degree preferred.
- 1-4 years of higher education experience, preferably in the area of admission.
- Experience recruiting in Connecticut is preferred.
- Experience with Slate preferred
- Exceptional communication, interpersonal and multicultural skills and the ability to establish and develop long-term relationships with prospective students, families, counselors, and others.
This is a full time, fiscal year position.
To Apply: Please apply with cover letter, resume, and references.