Staff Counselor/Psychologist (Part Time)
Responsibilities: Reporting to the Director of Hamel Health and Counseling Center, the Staff Counselor or Psychologist is responsible for the provision of assessment, crisis intervention, short-term counseling, group work, referral and outreach to undergraduate and graduate students in an integrated counseling and health center. The Staff Counselor/Psychologist will work closely with the Director and Counseling Staff to incorporate best practice models in college mental health, collaborate with campus departments, and participate in the on call rotation. She or he will develop services and programs specific to student populations such as international students and/or the LGBTQ community including: anxiety, depression, substance abuse, trauma, cultural adjustment, and suicide prevention. The Staff Counselor/Psychologist will work with the campus community to conduct programs to support inclusion and diversity awareness.
- Master’s degree in counseling or social work required; Doctorate in clinical or counseling psychology preferred.
- Licensed or license-eligible in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts within one year as a Licensed Mental Health Counselor, Licensed Independent Clinical Social Worker or Psychologist.
- A minimum of 2 years post-licensure clinical experience required.
- Experience with older adolescent/young adult/college population.
- Experience working with diversity issues.
- Second language ability such as Chinese is a plus.
- Strong presentation skills and outreach experience required.
- Ability to be available some evenings and weekends for programming.
- Must be able to work effectively in a culturally diverse environment and appreciate the values of a Catholic college.
To Apply: This is a 16-hour a week position for the academic year, August through May. Please apply with resume and cover letter.
Contact Email Address: