The Housing Selection Process will take place on April 16, 21, and 23. In order to participate in this process you must have paid your $500 housing deposit by March 20, 2015 at 4:30 PM.
March 20, 2015 is also the deadline to submit a housing accommodations request, for those interested in participating in Living Learning Communities or affinity housing, and to apply for a room renewal.
Affinity housing allows students involved in clubs, organizations, academic groups, intramural and club sports teams, and other like-minded groups to live together in an intentional community guided by shared values, goals, and activities. Groups are able to apply for this housing option to customize their residential experience. For more information, including how to apply, please visit our affinity housing page.
- Online payments can be made at https://merrimack.afford.com/. Scroll down to “Make A Payment”. Click on “Make a One-Time Payment”, select “Returning deposits only”, then click “make a one-time payment”, enter student and payment information. For e-check payments, there is NO cost. For credit card payments, a convenience fee is charged to the cardholder.
- Students with a credit balance on their student account greater than or equal to the required deposit amount can email the Bursar’s Office at email@example.com to request a transfer of funds.
- Checks must be made payable to: Merrimack College. Write the student’s name and ID# on the check and write “2015-2016 deposit” in the memo area on the front of the check. Please mail the check with this form to:
Merrimack College, Bursar’s Office A14, 315 Turnpike Street, North Andover, MA 01845
Please note: The reservation deposit will be credited to your Spring 2016 semester statement. Students who have paid the deposit but decide not to return to Merrimack College are eligible to a refund of the deposit. To receive a full deposit refund, you must notify the Office of the Registrar in writing by May 1, 2015 and your account must be paid in full.
Summary of Housing Selection
In preparation for the room selection process for the 2015-2016 Academic Year (held April 16, 21 & 23) we would like to provide you information as your son/daughter will be talking about it. In order to participate in room selection, students must submit their housing deposit to the Bursar’s Office by no later than 4:30 p.m. on Friday, March 20, 2015
Students who intend to live on campus for the 2015-2016 academic year must submit a housing deposit in order to participate in room selection. In addition students will have the option to “renew”, which means maintain the same residence hall as they currently live in. In order to “renew” all current residents must return to their current placements. Students who require additional accommodations in accordance with ADA guidelines should contact Kevin O’Donnell the, ADA Community & Academic Liaison/Compliance Officer, at 978-837-5278 to apply. All necessary paperwork and supporting documentation from a physician must be turned in to The Center for Academic Enrichment by March 20 at 4:30 PM. ADA accommodations do not automatically renew and need to be reapplied for each year. Students may also apply for affinity housing options by applying through the Office of Residence Life’s website by March 20. Finally students can select a room on myMack during the room selection sessions on April 16, 21 & 23, 2015.
Upon receiving a room assignment, students will be required to complete a residency agreement. All 2015-2016 residency agreements will be binding for the entire academic year, and room deposits are non-refundable once the residency agreement is signed. Requests for release from the residency agreement will be subject to a petition process through the Office of Residence Life. Honored requests will result in a $500 contract termination fee being charged to the student’s account, as well as forfeiture of the room deposit. Students who withdraw or are approved for a leave of absence from the College, have been accepted to study abroad or co-op programs, are graduating, or are subject to academic dismissal will be released from the residency agreement without penalty and will not be subject to the petition process.
Room Types available during the room selection sessions include single, double, suite, and apartments. Room rates vary according to room type and we anticipate a 2.75 / 3% increase in rates from the current year. All residents are required to carry a meal plan; residents may select among the 19-plan, 13-plus plan, or 9-plus plan; in addition, apartment residents may select the 5-plan or can choose a higher meal plan.
Friday, March 20, 2015
- $500 housing deposit due to the Bursar’s Office by 4:30 p.m.
- Medical Housing Request Form due (click here for more information)
- Deadline for students to renew (maintain same building as they currently live in) for Fall 2015
- Affinity Housing Applications due (available online at www.merrimack.edu/affinityhousing)
Tuesday, April 7, 2015
- Students accepted into Affinity Housing receive their assignments by email
Friday, April 10, 2015
- Deadline for students to accept Affinity Housing Assignments and sign Residency Agreement (via myMack)
- Students receive room selection times via email
Thursday, April 16, 2015- Day 1 of Room Selection
Tuesday, April 21, 2015- Day 2 of Room Selection
Thursday, April 23, 2015- Day 3 of Room Selection
Thursday, April 30, 2015
- Deadline for Students to submit 2015-2016 Residency Agreement (available on myMack)
This website will be updated regularly as more information becomes available. If you have questions or concerns please do not hesitate to contact your Resident Director, Area Coordinator, or the Office of Residence Life at (978) 837-5507.