Submission of this contract serves as your request for housing during Thanksgiving Break (November 25-November 30). Requests for break housing must be submitted by Tuesday, November 18, 2014.
Late requests will be handled on a case-by-case basis and may be subject to an administrative charge of $25.
Please carefully read the following guidelines that pertain to Thanksgiving Break housing. You are responsible for abiding by the policies set forth in the Student Handbook, in addition to the policies set forth below:
(1) 24-Hour Quiet Hours are in effect for the entire break period.
(2) The campus is dry, beginning when halls close at 7:00 p.m. on Tuesday, November 25, 2014 and ending when halls re-open at 10:00 a.m. on Sunday, November 30, 2014. Regardless of age, alcohol is not permitted to be consumed, transported, possessed, or sold on campus. Please refer to the Student Handbook for all of the college’s alcohol policies.
(3) Only Merrimack resident students who have registered for break housing are permitted on campus during the break period. Guests, including Merrimack students who are not registered for break housing and visitors, are not permitted on campus during any part of the break period. As a break housing resident, you will be able to access only your residence hall during this period.
(4) All residents must register to participate in break housing. Roommates who are not registered for break housing and return to campus during this break period or who do not leave when the halls close at the beginning of this break period, may be subject to a $100 fine and a student conduct hearing.
(5) Please respond to all fire alarms by evacuating the building and standing away from the door and path leading up to the building.
(6) Please enter and exit all buildings through their front doors.
(7) To ensure the safety and security of the residence halls, please do not prop any exterior doors.
(8) Please keep your windows closed and do your part to conserve heat and energy while you are on campus for the break. Turn off lights, televisions and computers when they are not in use.
Submission of this contract is your acknowledgement that you understand and agree to the above break housing policies. Violation of this contract, as well as policies outlined in the Student Handbook, will result in a student conduct hearing and may include, but not limited to, removal from housing for the remainder of the break period.
To complete your break housing contract, please provide the following information: