About the School
The Girard School of Business develops professionals who think critically, communicate effectively and excel in productive roles in the community and the globally competitive marketplace.
Our faculty are committed to providing students with a strong foundation of business knowledge and skills in an environment having a high degree of student-faculty interaction.
The Bachelor of Science in Business Administration program has the following four learning goals:
1. Communicate business concepts in a variety of channels.
- Deliver professional presentations.
- Write professional documents.
- Convey ideas and information persuasively.
- Utilize/employ/use/apply a variety of digital platforms and social media.
2. Collaborate with others to achieve a common goal.
- Function effectively in a team as both members and leaders.
- Understand and apply collaboration processes.
- Identify ways to motivate a team to improve its performance.
3. Analyze relevant data to make informed judgments.
- Collect data.
- Interpret data.
- Summarize information.
4. Apply business knowledge to solve problems.
- Identify and define a problem.
- Develop creative alternatives to address a problem.
- Develop a reasoned argument to support a recommendation.
- Identify the key and relevant issues in implementing a recommendation.
The Girard School of Business will be recognized as a school of choice for those who seek excellence in business education. We will achieve distinction through scholarship and experiential learning opportunities.