Comprehensive Business Advising Center
The Comprehensive Business Advising Center (CBAC) provides an engaging atmosphere that cultivates students’ individual, professional and academic goals by thoughtfully integrating intellectual and professional development in one centralized location.
The CBAC offers academic and career support to students in the Girard School of Business. By placing academic and career services in one location, we can provide holistic advising that aids in transitioning students from college to career. In the Center, students receive personalized support to aid with understanding academic requirements, selecting a major, registering for courses, building a resume, preparing for careers, networking, and more.
- Get to know your Academic and Career Advisors and the CBAC services.
- Have your resume approved by your Girard School of Business (GSB) Career Advisor; use the GSB Resume Template.
- Let us help you develop an understanding of your skills, abilities, and strengths for academic and career achievement. Try the MyPlan self-assessment.
- Research various career paths: My Next Move, Careers in Business, Job Shadow.
- Work with your Advisors to tailor your academics with career opportunities in mind.
- Expand upon professional knowledge and network through a variety of GSB career events and other on-campus events.
- Confirm your academic concentration and research career opportunities within your chosen academic area.
- Develop a clear professional pathway, setting goals to achieve success through academic and experiential learning opportunities.
- Purchase career/interview attire and practice proper interview etiquette and review tips with your GSB Career Advisor.
- Develop and enhance professional networks through participation in GSB networking events or networking on LinkedIn. Research networking tips to get you started.
- Transition academic and professional knowledge into the workplace with experiential opportunities such as internships and externships.
- Consider, research, and apply to GRAD Advantage.
Monday - Friday
8:30am - 4:30pm