Business Administration Major - Finance Concentration
Finance students enjoy a number of career opportunities in corporate and government institutions. Financial managers must be able to convey information to all functions of the firm. The field of finance includes positions of financial management such as financial analysts, cash management, credit management, as well as entrepreneurial areas such as personal financial planning and consulting. The growing field of investment and financial services offers positions from brokers and traders, to portfolio managers.
The finance profession is challenging, dynamic, and rewarding. The successful student will develop and apply analytical and communication skills needed in today’s business environment.
In addition to satisfying the institutional and distribution requirements and the core requirements of the Business Major, students who seek a concentration in Finance complete the following courses or their equivalents:
- FIN3315 Financial Analysis
- FIN3325 Investments
- FIN3335 Corporate Finance
- FIN4406 International Financial Management
The requirements include the courses listed above plus two additional finance electives from the list below:
- FIN4410 Financial Planning and Services
- FIN4425 Advanced Topics in Corporate Finance
- FIN4430 Risk Management & Derivatives
- FIN4431 Advanced Topics in Finance
- FIN4433 Advanced Topics in Investments