The Lucey Center for Business Advising
The Lucey Center for Business Advising provides an engaging atmosphere that cultivates students’ individual, professional and academic goals by thoughtfully integrating intellectual and professional development in one centralized location.
The Lucey Center offers academic and career support to students in the Girard School of Business. By placing academic and career services in one location, we can provide holistic advising that aids in transitioning students from college to career. In the center, students receive personalized support to aid with understanding academic requirements, selecting a major, registering for courses, building a résumé, preparing for careers, networking and more.
- Get to know your academic and career advisers and the Lucey Center services.
- Have your résumé approved by your Girard School of Business career adviser; use the Resume Template.
- Let us help you develop an understanding of your skills, abilities and strengths for academic and career achievement. Try the MyPlan self-assessment.
- Research various career paths: My Next Move, Careers in Business, Job Shadow.
- Work with your advisers to tailor your academics with career opportunities in mind.
- Expand upon professional knowledge and network through a variety of Girard School of Business career events and other on-campus events.
- Confirm your academic concentration and research career opportunities within your chosen academic area.
- Develop a clear professional pathway, setting goals to achieve success through academic and experiential learning opportunities.
- Purchase career/interview attire and practice proper interview etiquette and review tips with your business career adviser.
- Develop and enhance professional networks through participation in Girard School of Business networking events or networking on LinkedIn. Research networking tips to get you started.
- Transition academic and professional knowledge into the workplace with experiential opportunities such as internships and externships.
- Consider, research and apply to GRAD Advantage.
Advising Center Hours
Monday - Friday
8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.