SIE Honor Society
Sigma Iota Epsilon (SIE)
The Girard School of Business proudly established Sigma Iota Epsilon (SIE), the National Honorary and Professional Management Fraternity, in the Spring of 2012. We induct business Sophomores, Juniors, Seniors, and graduate students who have high academic achievements and a demonstrated interest in business management.
An undergraduate student must maintain a 3.25 GPA and continue to complete management courses. It is both an achievement and a privilege to be a member of SIE. Our fraternity enables business students to give back to local communities through community service projects and other Merrimack College students through campus events.
The purpose of Sigma Iota Epsilon is twofold:
- To encourage and recognize scholastic excellence
- To promote cooperation between the academic and practical aspects of management.
- To stimulate interest and achievement in the field of management
- To stimulate scholarship in management;
- To facilitate contacts between students and practicing managers
- To recognize persons who have made contributions to the field of management
- To gain recognition of the contribution and value of scholastic achievement in the management discipline
Faculty Advisor: Associate Professor Jane Parent