COMMUNITY ENGAGEMENT FELLOW ‘13
Studying community engagement just wouldn’t make sense without the community. As a graduate fellow in the School of Education, I have the opportunity to navigate the best of both worlds: soaking up the rich intellectualism of coursework and applying it to my work with real people, real challenges, real life.
- in a 5-Fellow cohort
- for the School of Education strengthening community outreach efforts on and off-campus
- facilitated partnerships that strengthen family support within the community
- launched the Education Club
- co-sponsored a special needs resource fair
- co-created the program ROAR (Reach out and Read)
- completed grant applications
- recently made a connection with Habitat for Humanity in Lowell ~ stay updated on my BLOG.
I WILL CONTINUE
- to act as a community liaison with the Center for Youth and Families through my work with Si, se Puede
- to mentor students in the Lawrence community
- to reach out to new people and organizations
I AM RENEE HOPKINS
I hope to work within a nonprofit organization as a community outreach coordinator.
Contact this Fellow: email@example.com