The Higher Education Fellowship links graduate study with a nine-month field-based professional experience in a postsecondary institution.
Fellows work in a campus office 25 hours per week, and gain a broad understanding of current trends, leadership challenges, and opportunities to pursue social justice in higher education. Working side-by-side with skilled professionals, Fellows develop leadership skills, organizational skills, and their own unique vision for how they can best contribute to the advancement of colleges and universities.
Fellows graduate with a Master of Education in Higher Education (M.Ed.) - preparing them to become administrative leaders in colleges or universities and work in a variety of roles supporting the advancement of higher education.
The application period for 2016-2017 Fellowships closed February 1, 2016.
In 2015-2016, Higher Education fellows were placed in over 30 programs and services, such as:
- The School of Education & Social Policy, Merrimack College
- Office of Residential Life, Merrimack College
- Office of Student Involvement, Merrimack College
- O’Brien Center for Student Success, Merrimack College
- Stevens Service Learning Center, Merrimack College
- Multicultural Affairs Office, Middlesex Community College
- Career Development Office, Northern Essex Community College
Our Fellows have landed the following positions:
Who are our Fellows?
- 47% acceptance rate for 2015-2016
- Average Undergrad GPA, 2015-2016 Fellows: 3.5
- Average graduate class size: 17
- 2015-2016 Fellows come from 75 different colleges and universities