The Master of Science in Civil Engineering requires eight 4-credit courses from the graduate engineering courses below for a total of 32 credit hours.
Students taking the optional specialization in engineering management take 8 credits from the Girard School of Business and 24 credits from the courses below.
- GEN 5001G Introduction to Systems Engineering
- GEN 6001 Finite Elements
- GEN 6002 Numerical Methods
- GEN 6004 Project Management
- GEN 6010 Earthquake Engineering
- GEN 6012 Pre-stressed Concrete Structures
- GEN 6014 Advanced Structural Analysis
- GEN 6020 Principles & Applications of Geographic Information Systems
- GEN 6030 Urban Hydrology & Storm Water Management
- GEN 6032 Sustainable Infrastructure Systems
- GEN 6800 Graduate Internship
- GEN 6999 Special Topics (topics vary)
- GEN 6999 Directed Study ( faculty approval required)
- CEN 5012 Steel Analysis
- CEN 5016 Concrete Analysis & Design
- CEN 5020 Foundation Design
- CEN 5022 Earth Slopes and Retaining Structures
- CEN 5030 Environmental Design
- CEN 5032 Applied Hydrology
- CEN 5042 Traffic Engineering
- CEN 5050 Construction Planning & Management
PLEASE NOTE - Not all classes are offered every year. Please work with the program director to plan a sequence of courses that best fits your desired graduation timetable.