The setting of the alpine city of Grenoble is truly unique. For a panoramic view of the city and surrounding mountains, take a ride on the téléphérique, or cable car, to the Fort de la Bastille. From there, explore the hiking trails and the Grottes (caves) that were used as a defense many centuries ago. With a student population of 60,000, Grenoble is an ideal place to study. The slower pace of the city and the friendliness of the inhabitants make it easy to interact with locals. The city has several museums, numerous parks and plenty of opportunity for outdoor activities (skiing, hiking, biking). For the avid traveler, Grenoble is an excellent starting point for exploration, situated only three hours from Paris by high speed train and very close to Switzerland and Italy.
API (Academic Programs International)
Merrimack students study abroad in Grenoble through API, a study abroad provider which organizes the program, provides full on-site support, arranges housing, orientation, excursions and more. Merrimack is partnering with API to offer a program in Grenoble for Business students at the Grenoble École de Management (GEM).
Grenoble École de Management (GEM)
The GEM program has earned a reputation as a prestigious center for international business study in the heart of the French Alps. It is considered one of Financial Times’ Top 50 European business schools, and has been recognized by the international accreditation boards of AACSB, AMBA and EQUIS. This program is a great opportunity for Merrimack’s Business students.
- Semester students will have the opportunity to earn a Certificate in Business Studies (CBS) or a Certificate in International Business (CIB).
- Courses are delivered on a specific track, and students base their course selections from those available through that track.
- Each certificate requires a specific sequence of six to seven business classes combined with one language class. Students earn 15 semester credits. French courses are offered at all levels.
- API arranges housing on the behalf of Merrimack students
- Semester students in Grenoble live in student residences or with a host family
- GPA Requirement: 2.8
- Students must be in good disciplinary standing
- Open to Sophomores, Juniors and Seniors
- Must have completed a minimum of 30 U.S. semester credits, of which at least 15 credits are business-related. The number of business semester credits required varies per program track
- All Merrimack students studying abroad for a semester/year are required to meet with the study abroad advisor in the Office of International Programs prior to completing their application.
- Complete the Preliminary Study Abroad Application; after this application is submitted a study abroad advisor will be in touch to go over the next steps in the application process.
- Complete online API application; submit official Merrimack College transcript and all necessary documents along with your application.
- Complete all additional requirements on the GEM Application Checklist
- Spring 2016 Semester applications due October 1st *It is recommended to submit applications as early as possible for this program.