Melbourne is a smart, captivating, multicultural, trend-setting and welcoming city. Melbourne is the capital of Victoria and has a population of about 4 million. Melbourne is known as being one of the worlds most liveable cities and as Australia’s cultural, culinary, and sporting capital. Melbourne has a mild climate, magnificent architecture, an extensive public transport network, and beautiful parks and public spaces making living in Melbourne a great experience.
Swinburne University of Technology
Swinburne University of Technology is one of Australia’s leading teaching and research universities. Named in the top 400 universities worldwide and top three in Melbourne, Australia by the 2013 Academic Ranking of World Universities, Swinburne welcomes international students from more than 100 countries. Swinburne is a progressive university, a leader in science, technology and innovation. Study abroad students study at Swinburne’s Hawthorne Campus located just 10-minutes from Melbourne’s CBD.
- Students take four 4-credit courses
- Classes are a mixture of lectures and tutorials. Lectures provide an overview of the week’s materials and might be attended by up to 200 students from different courses. Tutorials are an opportunity for students to discuss the lecture material and are much smaller, with only about 20 to 30 students in one classHousing
- Merrimack arranges housing for students studying at Swinburne
- Students live in apartments with other international students
- GPA Requirement: 2.6
- Students must be in good disciplinary standing
- Open to Sophomores, Juniors and Seniors
- All Merrimack students studying abroad for a semester/year are required to meet with the study abroad advisor in the Office of International Programs prior to completing their application.
- Complete the Preliminary Study Abroad Application.
- Complete the Swinburne University Application, and turn it in to the Office of International programs a long with an Official Merrimack College transcript, photocopy of passport, and personal statement.
- Spring 2015 Semester applications due October 1st
- Fall 2015 Semester applications due April 1st