Thessaloniki is the ‘road less taken’, a culturally intact city, small, diverse, youthful, at the crossroads of east and west and the gateway to Southeastern Europe. Thessaloniki is the second largest city of Greece and has been characterized as the “Greek Youth Capital” for its large number of permanent young residents. More than 100,000 students give to the city a completely unique pulse and vibe.
The American College of Thessaloniki (ACT)
ACT has a world-class campus with state of the art facilities which are unique to Southeastern Europe. The diverse student body representing 30 different nationalities exposes students to a variety of cultures and perspectives and enriches both their academic and social engagement. The International Programs Office at ACT has staff dedicated to assist students with all needs. Pre-departure, staff in the ACT Boston office are there to answer questions and provide students with the support they need. Once students arrive in Greece, staff orients them with the campus and life in Thessaloniki and provides information on co-curricular opportunities and ways to engage with Greece outside of the classroom.
- Students take five 3-credit courses
- Students are required to take an Greek Language course as 1 of their 5 courses.
- All course instruction is in English
- ACT provides off campus accommodation in downtown Thessaloniki; students live with other international students, in fully furnished apartments.
- GPA Requirement: 2.8
- Students must be in good disciplinary standing
- Open to Sophomores, Juniors and Seniors
- All Merrimack students studying abroad for a semester/year are required to meet with the study abroad advisor in the Office of International Programs prior to completing their application.
- Complete the Preliminary Study Abroad Application; after this application is submitted a study abroad advisor will be in touch to go over the next steps in the application process.
- Complete online ACT application; submit official Merrimack College transcript and all necessary documents along with your application.