Study abroad is a great way for students to enhance their program of studies at Merrimack College. Merrimack offers a variety of study abroad programs to meet the needs of students in all academic disciplines.
General study abroad requirements:
- Students must be in good academic standing; there is a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.8 to study abroad (although preference given to those with a GPA of 3.0 or above).
- Students must have the approval of their academic advisor
- Some programs have specific requirements students should consult their study abroad advisor for specific information
- Students must be in good disciplinary standing
Transferring courses from your semester/year abroad:
- An official transcript will be sent to the Office of International Programs at the end of your program.
- Students must earn the equivalent of a “C” or better for transfer credit to be granted. Transfer credits appear as a “T” on your transcripts; they count as credit but are not factored into your GPA.
- It is important to note that students applying for graduate and professional schools after graduation may be required to submit their original transcript from the host university.