Europe’s largest and most cosmopolitan city, London has everything from the oldest to the most modern, from science to music, theater and art, from every corner of the globe. With more than 270 nationalities living here, London is one of the most multi-cultural cities in the world. London offers student a wide range of professional opportunities, as well as an exciting social life and the opportunity to build a network of friends from around the world.
CAPA International Education
Merrimack students study abroad in London through CAPA, a study abroad provider which organizes the program, provides full on-site support, arranges housing, orientation, excursions and more. Students studying abroad in London take courses at The CAPA London Center, located in the Kensington district of West London. During the fall semester students also have the opportunity to take courses at London South Bank University.
- Students take five 3-credit academic courses; or one 6-credit experiential learning course + three 3-credit academic courses
- 6 credit Experiential Learning courses include Academic Internships, and Service Learning opportunities
- CAPA arranges housing on the behalf of Merrimack students
- Students on semester programs live within commuting distance of the CAPA London Center in homestays or shared apartments.
- GPA Requirement: 2.8
- Students must be in good disciplinary standing
- Open to Sophomores, Juniors and Seniors
- All Merrimack students studying abroad for a semester/year are required to meet with the study abroad advisor in the Office of International Programs prior to completing their application.
- Complete the Preliminary Study Abroad Application; after this application is submitted a study abroad advisor will be in touch to go over the next steps in the application process.
- Complete online CAPA application; submit official Merrimack College transcript and all necessary documents along with your application.
- Spring 2015 Semester applications due October 1st
- Fall 2015 Semester applications due April 1st