Perugia is a beautiful location to study abroad in. Its scenic hilltop location overlooks some of Italy’s most incredible landscapes, and it is also rich in art, architecture, and history. Perugia is conveniently located near Tuscany, Umbria, Rome, Florence, Siena, Assisi, and Cortona, if you want to explore other regions of Italy. A quarter of Perugia’s 160,000 residents are college students, making it a fun and youthful place to live. There are countless restaurants, jazz cafés, cinemas, museums, and theaters to check out.
Merrimack students study abroad in Perugia through CISabroad, a study abroad provider which organizes the program, provides full on-site support, arranges housing, orientation, excursions and more.
The Umbra Institute of Study Abroad
Merrimack students study at the Umbra Institute of Study Abroad in Perugia. Umbra Institute offers a variety of courses in the fall, spring, and summer. In addition, you’ll also be able to go on field trips, participate in community engagement opportunities, and join extra- curricular activities that let you experience Italy outside of a classroom when you study abroad in Perugia!
- Students take 5 - 3 credit courses
- Students are required to take an Italian Language course as 1 of their 5 courses.
- All instruction is in English except the Italian language courses and the Direct Enrollment university courses.
- CISabroad arranges housing on the behalf of Merrimack students
- Students live with other international students, in fully furnished apartments in the areas surrounding the university campus.
- GPA Requirement: 2.8
- Students must be in good disciplinary standing
- Open to Sophomores, Juniors and Seniors
- All Merrimack students studying abroad for a semester/year are required to meet with the study abroad advisor in the Office of International Programs prior to completing their application.
- Complete the Preliminary Study Abroad Application; after this application is submitted a study abroad advisor will be in touch to go over the next steps in the application process.
- Complete online CISabroad application; submit official Merrimack College transcript and all necessary documents along with your application.
- Spring 2015 Semester applications due October 1st
- Fall 2015 Semester applications due April 1st