Summer Session in San Gimignano, Italy
Application deadline is Monday, December 15, 2014
May 21, 2015 - June 17, 2015
$6,000 (includes airfare)
- Eight Merrimack College credits
- Roundtrip airfare
- Hotel accommodations
- Two meals per day
- Transportation and tickets for cultural activities and excursions that are part of the courses
- International health insurance
An application and non-refundable deposit of $1000 is due to the Office of International Programs (Sakowich 340) no later than December 15, 2014.
Enroll in two courses taught by Merrimack faculty and earn eight Merrimack College credits.
- MTH 1123: The Mathematics of Fibonacci, Professor Brady Benedict (4 credits)
- PHL 2020: Perspectives on the Good Life, Professor Arthur Ledoux (4 credits)
Courses are instructed in English; no Italian language is required. Both courses satisfy an institutional or distribution requirement.
San Gimignano is one of the most notable and charming locations in Tuscany. The famous towers have contributed to its nickname, “Medieval Manhattan”. While living in San Gimignano, students will appreciate Benozzo Gozzoli’s frescoes of Augustine and enjoy stargazing at night.
Complementing the coursework will be guided visits to surrounding areas, including: Florence, Siena and Rome!