San Gimignano, Italy
Application deadline has been extended until February 15, 2013
May 24 - June 15, 2013
- Eight Merrimack College credits
- Transportation from Merrimack to Logan International Airport
- Roundtrip airfare
- Hotel accommodations
- Two meals per day
- Transportation and tickets for cultural activities and excursions that are part of the courses
- International health insurance
An application and non-refundable deposit of $500 is due to the Office of International Programs (Sakowich 340) no later than February 15, 2013.
Enroll in two courses taught by Merrimack faculty and earn eight Merrimack College credits. The courses being offered for Summer 2013 are:
- RTS 2990 “City of God and the City-State: From Siena to the Vatican” (Dr. Joseph Kelley)
- PHL 2330 “Medieval Philosophy” (Dr. William Wians)
Courses are instructed in English; no Italian language is required. Both courses satisfy an institutional or distribution requirement. For more detailed course descriptions click here.
San Gimignano is one of the most notable and charming locations in Tuscany. The famous towers have contributed to its nickname, “Medieval Manhattan”. While living in San Gimignano, students will appreciate Benozzo Gozzoli’s frescoes of Augustine and enjoy stargazing at night.
Complementing the coursework will be guided visits to surrounding areas, including: Florence, Siena and Rome!