Performances and Performance Opportunities
Highlight of the Month:
ARTS WARRIORS Second Student and Faculty Exhibition.
Opening Event on April 22, 2014 in Augie’s Pub, 3:00 until 5:00 pm.
Join us for some fun, food, conversation and some great new art!
There are many great performances and performance opportunities at Merrimack College.
Return to this page often for updates and additions regarding both performances and auditions.
Click the links for more information and/or to purchase tickets online!
- Merrimack Schola has an open policy for joining. Contact Hugh Hinton, Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Concet Choir has an open policy for joining. Contact Kali Tudisco, president at email@example.com.
- To join the Jazz Ensemble, contact Molly Canyes at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- To join the Pep Band, contact Cassandra Summit at email@example.com
April 3-5, 2014, 7:30 pm. (Matinee Performance on April 5 at 2:00 pm) Tartuffe, the classic comedy by Molier. Presented by the OnStagers Dramatic Society. Rogers Center
Previous Theatre events in the 2013-14 season include: Aquila Theatre’s Fahrenheit 451, True West, Little Shop of Horrors, and Doubt: A Parable (Honored by the Kennedy Center American College Theatre Festival, Region 1 as a “held” production for possible production at the 2015 Regional Festival).
- February 28, 2014, 7:30 pmThe Marcus Roberts Jazz Trio , the Jazz sensation, live on stage. Rogers Center
- March 1, 2014, 7:30 pm Dublin’s Irish Cabaret presents: Andy Cooney with Noel V. Ginnity, the Guiness Folk Band, and Darrah Carr Dance. Rogers Center
- March 4, 2014, 7:00 pm: Faculty Recital. An Evening of Classical Music, performed by Dr. Laura Moore Pruett (voice) and Dr. Hugh Hinton (piano.) FREE EVENT at the Rogers Center (SEE HIGHLIGHT ABOVE)
- March 29, 2014,7:30 pm: A Gershwin Celebration(Best of Broadway) The music of the Gershwins performed by actors from such shows as Wicked, Evita, and The Phantom of the Opera. Rogers Center
- April 26, 2014, 7:30 pm: the 10th Annual Evening of Jazz, with the Merrimack College Jazz Ensemble, directed by Charlie Collins. Rogers Center.
- Coming in April: Concerts by Concert Choir and more!
- May 10, 2014, 7:30 pm: the Glenn Miller Orchestra performs their classic hits. Rogers Center.
Spoken Word and Literary Events:
MARCH at the Writers House
March 7, 3 pm: Henry Petroski
Henry Petroski is the Aleksandar S. Vesic Professor of Civil Engineering at Duke University and author of many books, including, most recently, To Forgive Design: Understanding Failure. He will read and talk about his work.
March 11, 6:30 pm: Baba Brinkman
Rap troubadour Baba Brinkman will perform The Canterbury Tales Remixed, a virtuoso performance linking hip-hop lyrics with Geoffrey Chaucer’s timeless tales.
March 12, 4 pm: Robin Becker
Robin Becker, author of seven poetry collections, will join us to read from her latest volume, Tiger Heron.
March 23, 4:30 pm: Bob Hicok
Bob Hicok, author of eight poetry collections, reads from his newest book, Elegy Owed, a finalist for the National Book Critics Circle Award.
March 26, time TBA: Piper Kerman
Piper Kerman, author of the memoir-turned-TV series Orange is the New Black: My Year in a Women’s Prison, joins us for an informal Q&A.
Click on the links for further event information and to purchase tickets!