High School Student Policy
1. Merrimack College permits students from certain secondary schools to enroll in college courses without charge on a space available basis. The college reserves the right to deny admission to a course which is fully registered.
2. This policy applies to the fall and spring semesters day school classes only; students are not eligible to take the courses in the Division of Continuing Education evening or summer sessions under this policy.
3. High school students who attend class at Merrimack are recognized as high school students. Attendance at the college is an extension of the high school program. Credit for all academic work taken at Merrimack College will be given by the high school. The college will not keep records of credit in the Registrar’s Office nor will it certify credit for courses taken.
4. All high school students attending Merrimack College shall have the written permission of their principal to take the specific courses for which they are registering.
5. Registration for courses at the college will take place in the Registrar’s Office during the regular college registration period, but determination of space available will only be confirmed after all Merrimack students have had the opportunity to register. Late registration will not be permitted. Students will not negotiate directly with teachers.
6. High School students participating in this program are expected to attend class on a regular basis and to complete course assignments.
7. Any evaluations of grades given for the course at Merrimack will be sent to the Registrar, who will in turn forwards these data to the high school for the student’s high school record.
8. High School students participating in this program are expected to abide by all regulations of the college. The college may ask students discontinue classes if they are not abiding by those regulations.
9. This program is not designed for students who wish to receive college credit for their work at Merrimack. College credit will be granted for Merrimack courses only when the student applies for admittance or registration through the normal procedures of the college and pays the requisite tuition and fees for course work.