School of Science & Engineering
“The School of Science and Engineering is a dynamic center of engaged learning. We offer more than a dozen undergraduate majors that range from graduate school preparation to nationally accredited professional programs, all strengthened by the full integration of Merrimack’s liberal arts core. Traditions of active research and experiential learning combined with unique direct access to faculty provide students with the tools to foster a lifetime of inquiry and investigation.”
- Mary Noonan, School of Science and Engineering
The world of science, technology, engineering and math (STEM) has never been more important than it is now, in our time of abundant discovery, controversial experimentation, and the rapid-fire development of new technologies.
Our goal is to integrate practical experience with interdisciplinary study and the acquisition of academic knowledge. This ensures that our graduates have every opportunity to become effective, compelling leaders in their fields—able to address change as it happens in technology and society.
The School of Science and Engineering encompasses nine academic departments and offers over a dozen undergraduate majors and six masters degrees. We are vibrant and growing, with a history of excellence in scholarship and practical applications.
- Engineers successfully compete in two National Competitions
- Students and Faculty in Biology publish paper in prestigious, peer reviewed publication about the bacteriophage (organism) they discovered as part of the HHMI SEA-PHAGES program
- Ten students inducted into Sigma Xi, the Scientific Research Society
- Prospective Computer Science and Engineering Majors, check out how our NSF-funded program can help with your success at Merrimack
Nathaniel DeParis ’15 has spent the past year as a co-op student at L3 Communications learning about x-ray equipment and making many professional connections.
David Bailot and Marlo Dell’Aquila ’17 will be presenting their research at a national sports medicine conference in San Diego, CA this May.