Academic Advising Guidelines
Faculty advisors are your first point of contact for all questions or issues related to your college experience, including:
- Reviewing your planned coursework each semester before you are cleared for registration
- Maintaining active connections with you
- Providing academic guidance on electives to best meet your professional goals
- Offering more information about study abroad options
- Discussing co-op opportunities, job placement and professional development
Who is my academic advisor?
We will assign you to one of of our permanent advisors based upon your academic interests when you enroll in the program.
Near the end of each semester, during advising week, you should work with your advisor to figure out what courses you should be taking for the upcoming semester and beyond. Please see your faculty advisor for any questions you may have.
Steps to Register for Courses
- Using the course checklist, your personal history (from MyMack) and the course schedule for the upcoming semester, plan out the list of courses you would like to register for. You may also use the“curriculum helper.”
- Go over your list with your advisor. Please bring everything that you have done and work out a plan for the coming semester. (Someone from the Department will review this with your advisor and clear you for registration).
- Register on MyMack.