- Students and Alumni can now learn about career opportunities through the ADVANTAGE program than is run by Merrimack’s Career Services Office; and can go to the Alumni webpage for information. If you are in the “career networking” stage, the Alumni Office has over 900 alumni who would be happy to talk with you about your career options.
- ASCE’s Career Development Guide click on careers.
- Do you like to get Dirty? Are you also a hard worker? Are you Ambitious? Do you work well under pressure? Are you a recent graduate? If you answered yes to these questions, then I have the job for you. This job requires the ability to work under pressure and thrive in a variety of outdoor, 24-hour work environments. We are currently conducting a nationawide search for chemical, mechanical or electrical engineers to work as Field Engineers. Job requirements include BS or MS degree from an accredited 4 year university in any engineering disciplines, Geosciences and Physics. You must have a minimum GPA of 2.75 (make sure your GPA is noted on your resume) and have a valid driving license with a clean driving record. You must have a legal right to work int he United States. You must be able to relocate as well as go through their nine month to one year training period. Resumes can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The Commonwealth of Massachusetts is recruiting qualified, graduating students to apply for civil engineering, construction inspection, environmental analyst, transportation planning and engineering aide positions. Career information, including employment opportunities and application information, is available on the MassHighway website – www.mhd.state.ma.us. The Commonwealth of Massachusetts is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Women, minorities, veterans and people with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply. If you have any questions, you can call them at 617-973-7800.
- Construction Project Management Services, Inc. has an assistant engineer position available. As a full-service construction management firm, they provide a complete array of services from the earliest planning stage through project closeout. Candidates who are interested in the position should email a copy of their resume to rmonroe@constructionCPMS.com.
- Weston & Sampson Engineers, Inc. currently has job opportunities in their Peabody, MA; Rocky Hill, CT; Portsmouth, NH; and their Foxboro, MA; please forward your email to: Careers if you are interested.
- Maryland Department of Transportation has several openings for engineers.
- The Town of Reading has an engineering co-op position available, beginning this summer and running through December 2014. The successful applicant will work with the Town Engineer on a variety of public works projects. For more information, click here.
- The Massachusetts Highway Department is actively recruiting civil engineers for positions throughout the Commonwealth. They are seeking applicants whose professional interests include construction, bridge design, highway design, environmental assessment, traffic operations, transportation planning, and road/bridge construction inspection.
- Stacey DePasquale Engineering is a well-respected firm in Massachusetts that has been providing storm water and wastewater related services to numerous public and private clients for the past eight years. If you are interested in this company please email your resume to Human Resources or fax to 978-975-0550.
- Hudson Design Group LLC is a small civil engineering firm located in the Merrimack Valley currently seeking to expand their staff by adding some recent college graduates. If you are interested in learning more about this company or sending a resume please send to Daniel Hamm.
- TOPCON Positioning Systems is the world’s leading manufacturer of a precise positioning equipment in the areas of GPS systems, laser, optical surveying and machine control has experienced tremendous growth and as a result are searching for qualified individuals with field experience in either surveying or construction that are looking for an exciting new career opportunity working with the latest job site measuring and positioning systems.
- Cianbro is looking to fill full-time entry level positions in the following fields: Project Management, Construction Management, Mechanical Engineers, Civil Engineers and Electrical Engineers in Northern New England area. Apply online! Send resume to Chris McGary.
- Click on Vanasse Hangen Brustlin, Inc. for current openings in their Middletown, CT ranging anywhere from entry level to 10+ years of experience in Transportation, Traffic, Land Development and Maybe in the Environmental Services. If you are interested in any of these jobs please contact Jeffrey Thereault by email or by phone at 860-632-1500. Their other offices are in Bedford, NH, Watertown and Boston, MA and Providence, RI. Please visit their website to check on openings in any of their offices. They also have co-ops positions as well.
- Connecticut Department of Transportation or Connecticut Department of Administrative Service have opportunities for Civil Engineers. Please visit their links for more information.
- EarthTech is a leader in the engineering, environmental and architectural consulting and construction industries is looking for engineers. Please visit their link for job openings. Jeffrey DeInnocentis, an alum, is working there if you need more information.
ASCE Career Development Guide:
Please click on Professional Careers.
- Lynnfield Engineering, Inc. in Danvers, MA is seeking entry-level Civil Engineers and Project Engineers with experience in site design and development, permitting and stormwater modeling. Proficiency in AutoCAD and Hydrocad (or equivalent) are desired. In addition to your technical skills you should possess the ability to manage multiple tasks, remain results focused and function well as part of a team. You should be a self-started with the desire to apply your initiative. If you would like to take advantage of this opportunity, please email your resume and cover letter to Charlene Perkins or fax to 978-777-8650.
- Paul C. Rizzo Associates, Inc. is currently looking for Civil and Geotechnical Engineering and Geological professionals for entry-level - Project Manager to accommodate current and future work load. For over twenty years, their firm has been working on the most challenging and technically demanding projects. Their project sites continue to expand throughout the United States, Latin America, Eastern and Central Europe, as well as Africa. They specialize in dams, hydroelectric projects, large-scale environmental assessments, and nuclear facilities. If you are interested please email resume and cover letter or fax to 412-317-0003.
- Please click on their website at J. Masterson Construction Corporation for current job opportunities.