Our Vision is to be among the best undergraduate Civil Engineering programs in the United States
To prepare exceptional engineers
Our Program Educational Objectives
To accomplish our mission, our graduates will:
- be able to apply their scientific and technical knowledge base as they progress along their engineering career
- be able to identify, formulate, develop, and execute practical, innovative, high quality, and cost efficient solutions for civil engineering problems
- be professionals whose growth through continuing education, professional development, and professional licensure has positioned them to have a positive impact on regional, national, and global professional communities
- will have developed individual and team skills to maximize the benefits of their engineering education by applying it in actual situations
- be ethical professionals who are able to function as part of a professional enterprise while protecting human health and welfare and the environment in a global society
Civil Engineering Program Outcomes
Consistent with the program educational objectives, our civil engineering graduates will have:
- knowledge of contemporary issues, through broad education, which allows them to appreciate the impact of engineering solutions on humankind.
- a recognition of the need for, and an ability to engage in, life-long learning.
- an ability to apply knowledge of mathematics through differential equations, calculus-based physics, chemistry, a third science and engineering in at least four civil engineering technical areas.
- ability to use the techniques, skills, and modern engineering tools necessary for engineering practice.
- an ability to design and conduct civil engineering experiments, as well as to analyze and interpret data.
- an ability to design a system, component, or process to meet desired needs in more than one civil engineering context.
- ability to provide leadership and effectively function as members of multi-disciplinary teams.
- ability to define and state engineering problems in technical and non-technical language and to apply basic engineering methods and scientific principles to solve problems.
- understanding of the ethical and professional responsibilities of practicing civil engineers.
- ability to communicate effectively using oral, written and graphic forms.
- knowledge of the interactions of technology and society and their possible impacts on the practice of Civil Engineering.
- sense of responsibility for the continuing development of their alma mater and their profession
- understanding of business and public policy and administration fundamentals.