Walter E. Maxey Award ($500)
- For juniors majoring in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or Information Technology.
- Recipient must be of good character and high integrity, demonstrate leadership characteristics and have a good sense of applied study.
- Minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 both in and out of the major is required and recipient must be in good academic standing.
- 2017 recipient: Joanna Gormley; 2016 recipient: Rachel Davies
Outstanding Achievement Awards in IT and CS
- Given to student in their major who has demonstrated extraordinary work both inside and outside of the classroom.
- Recipients must show high character, academic achievement and passion for the department and academic community.
- Winners receive a graduation gift and their names will be added to the department’s plaque of awardees.
- 2016 IT recipient: Matthew Kasiski;
2016 CS recipient - Andrew Joyal
Annual event allows students to match wits with peers at other campuses in the area, including MIT, Wellesley College and Fitchburg State.
Lego Mindstorms Robots
Merrimack students assist middle school students in building Lego Mindstorms Robots.
Coding Standards at Merrimack College
Our coding document lays out a standard for all courses in the department from CS1 to Software Engineering.
Corporate Community Partners
The Computer Science Department has developed cooperative and advisory board partnerships with a variety of organizations including:
- MIT Lincoln Laboratory
- Sun Microsystems
- Raytheon Corporation
- Fidelity Investments
- Putnam Investments
- Visibility Corporation
- Our CS Smart lecture/lab classroom provides a computer with Windows and Linux at each seat.
- There is an 802.11 wireless network that covers all of our classrooms, labs and study areas.
- We run our own server setup for external access and student use in coursework and research.
External computer science resources and links.