John Gallagher joined the department mechanical engineering in fall 2014.
Ph.D., Mechanical Engineering, University of California Los Angeles
M.S., Mechanical Engineering, Boston University
B.S., Mechanical Engineering, Union College
- MEN 3020: Material Science
- MEN 3032: Thermodynamics II
- MEN 3034: Heat and Mass Transfer
- MEN 5050: Advanced Mechanics/FEM
- GEN 1001: Introduction to Engineering
Gallagher has previous professional experience as a production manager and engineering consultant in the engineering/manufacturing industry.
His research on the nonlinear phase transformation behavior of ferroelectric materials has been published in peer-reviewed journals and presented at numerous conferences and workshops. Dr. Gallagher’s research interests include characterization of ferroelectric constitutive behavior, energy harvesting, and enhancing education through technology.
- Experimental and analytical characterization of the constitutive behavior of ferroelectric materials under multiaxial mechanical, electrical, and thermal loads.
- Nonlinear ferroelectric phase transformations.
- Dielectric and mechanical losses and damping.
- Energy harvesting.