Ph.D., Structural Engineering, University of California, San Diego
M.S., Structural Engineering, University of California, San Diego
B.S., Structural Engineering, University of California, San Diego
- Mechanics II
- Reinforced Concrete Analysis and Design
- Steel Analysis and Design
- Earthquake Engineering
- Pre-stressed Concrete Structures
Dr. Veletzos has over 12 years of experience in the design and analysis of complex bridge systems from both an industry and academic perspective. He is a reviewer for the ASCE Journal of Bridge Engineering and is a licensed Civil Engineer in the State of California.
Dr. Veletzos has authored many papers on the seismic design of bridge systems, post seismic inspection and capacity assessment of bridge columns and on innovative methods to resist seismic demands. In addition, he authored a framework for the seismic design of segmental bridges. His work has been presented at numerous conferences and workshops throughout the world.
- Seismic Response of Segmental Bridges
- Modeling of Jointed Connections in Segmental Bridges
- Post Seismic Inspection and Capacity Assessment of Bridges
- Seismic Isolation of Bridges