Azam Noori, Ph.D.
Ph.D., Plant Physiology, Trabiat Modares University
M.Sc., Plant Ecology, Shahid Bahonar University
B.Sc., Biology, Azad University, North Tehran
- Special Topics in Biology
- Principles of Biology I & II- Lab
- Plant Biology
- Plant Physiology
- Directed Study/Senior Thesis
Postdoctoral Associate, State University of New York-ESF
My research area focuses on plants molecular biology, plant physiology and ecology, including:
- The impact of nanoparticles on plants gene expression. The mechanism by which plants take up nanoparticles.
- Plants immune responses.
- Plant metabolites with application as natural medicines.
- Plants interaction with bacteria and mycorrhizal fungi, and the benefit of these interactions for plants to absorb nutrient and water and protect plants during biotic/abiotic stresses.
- Phytoremediation to remove petroleum and heavy metals from contaminated soil.
- Noori, A., White, J.C., Newman, L.A. (2017). Mycorrhizal fungi influence on silver uptake and membrane protein gene expression following silver nanoparticle exposure. Journal of Nanoparticle Research. 19: 66.
Noori, A., Zare Maivan, H., Alaie, E. Newman, L. (2015). Leucanthemum vulgare Lam. crude oil phytoremediation. International Journal of Phytoremediation.
- Noori, A., Zare Maivan, H., Alaie, E. (2014). Leucanthemum vulgare Lam. germination, growth and mycorrhizal symbiosis under crude oil contamination International Journal of Phytoremediation, 16:962–970.
- Pourang, N., Noori, A. (2014). Heavy Metals Contamination in Soil, Surface Water and Groundwater of an Agricultural Area Adjacent to Tehran oil Refinery, Iran. International Journal of Environmental Research, 8(4): 841-886.
- Khoyi, J.K., Farmohammadi, Noori, A.S., Padash, A. (2013). Bioremediation; A Nature-Based Approach Towards Having A Healthier Environment. Global Journal of Plant Ecophysiology, 3(2): 70-73.
- Pourang, N., Noori, A. (2012). Assessment of metals in fourteen species of vegetables and crops cultivated in a suburban area using multivariate analyses. Toxicological & Environmental Chemistry, 94 (4): 694-712.
- Noori, A.S., Zare Maivan, H., Alaie, E. (2012). Changes in total phenol and flavonoid contents in Chrysanthemum leucanthemum under crude oil contamination. Advances in Environmental Biology, 6(12): 3057-3064.
- Khoyi, J.K., Noori, A.S. (2012). The survey on microorganisms’ role as TPH decomposers. Advances in Environmental Biology, 6(10): 2704-2708.
- Mohebali, S., Nasri, S., Kamalinajhad, M., Noori, A.S. (2011). Antinociceptive and anti-inflammatory effects of Berberis vulgaris L., root’s hydroalcoholic extract and determination of it’s possible antinociceptive mechanism in male mice, Journal of paramedical Sciences, 2 (4): 12-18.