Professional Development Retreat
Merrimack College launched a career development initiative for select upper class students in April 2016. The program is designed to build emotional intelligence and skills to assist in professionalism, communication, and networking.
Merrimack College will be hosting two Professional Development Retreats, both will be held at the Battery Wharf Hotel in Boston. Through an application process, 60 members of the class of 2018 and 60 members of the class of 2019, from a wide range of academic disciplines, will be invited to participate.
- 9:15am: Welcome Address by Michael Shunney ’80, The Advocator Group sponsored by The Advocator Group
- 10:30am: Session 1 - Understanding & Communicating Your Strengths sponsored by Huron Consulting
- 12:30pm: Your Connections, Your Future: A Lunch & Learn with Young Alumni
- 2:00pm: Session 2 - Team Problem Solving sponsored by the State Street Foundation
- 4:00pm: Session 3 - The Art of Networking
- 6:00pm: Networking Reception featuring President Christopher E. Hopey, Ph.D, Merrimack College
- 7:30pm: Etiquette Dinner
- 8:00am: Staying Connected: Networking Breakfast
- 9:30am: Session 4 - Telling Your Story
- 12:00pm: Lunch
- 1:00pm: Wrap Up & Conclusion
How to Apply
Applications are closed for the 2017-2018 Professional Development Retreats. Applications for the 2018-2019 Professional Development Retreats will open in September of 2018.
Contact Emily Gehrdes with questions: email@example.com
- Emily Gehrdes, Creative Specialist for Events & Marketing
- Joe Jenkins, Business Career Specialist, Girard School of Business
- Laura Thibodeau, Career Advisor, School of Science & Engineering
- Sarah Mackler, Career Advisor, School of Education and Social Policy
- Katie Fell, Career Advisor, School of Liberal Arts